|Client Insights Analyst – Salesforce DMP (Formerly Krux)
The Client Insights & Analytics Analyst reports to the head of Client Insights & Analytics (CIA). The CIA Analyst role combines data-driven story-telling, business process analysis and a penchant for aligning clients’ operations to help clients frame decisions and drive actions that deliver bottom-line benefit. The successful candidate is a curious problem-solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Collaboration within Advisory Services and across Salesforce DMP departments is a key to success. In addition to working closely with Client Partners and Project Managers, the CIA Analyst will work closely with Data Science colleagues to deliver compelling, high-impact solutions. In short, the CIA Analyst makes sense of and explains client data in a compelling manner and sets the foundation for ongoing use of data and systems by clients and their agencies through operational alignment and process definition work.
The role has four areas of focus as follows:
Success in role requires:
- Data Analysis and Insights: Apply standard Salesforce DMP Data Science (DS) packages and solutions to specific clients – guiding clients in their appropriate and timely use with a focus on driving better decisions and capturing business value. Integrate disparate information, data and perspective beyond DS packages to help clients and Salesforce DMP team realize the full value of the Salesforce DMP platform. Translate data insights into a story that is both compelling and actionable to impact process and business improvement. Craft compelling, action-oriented guidance for clients and their agencies based on DS insights. Identify opportunities to introduce and trial DS packages that are beyond the client’s existing solution footprint. In some cases, work directly with DS to develop custom solutions for clients.
- Business Process Analysis and Design: Work directly with clients and their agencies to implement, support and integrate Salesforce DMP technology solutions into their business environments. Document and analyze current state business processes & activities. Benchmark client’s digital operations relative to the Salesforce DMP Capability Maturity Model. Design future state business processes to drive engagement, efficiency, effectiveness and business value. Lead workshops to define, prioritize, and roll out process changes required for maximum leverage of Salesforce DMP solutions. Ensure client’s business policies are appropriately represented in user guides and playbooks.
- Client Engagement: At the direction of the Client Partner, provide support at varying levels of the client (and possibly agency) organization, including interacting with client staff, senior-level decision makers, executives, and front-line employees to develop and explain DS deliverables and implement change initiatives. Develop strong client relationships by building trust, rapport and positive working relationships with client team members.
- Building Salesforce DMP: Provide feedback to Product Service resources to inform product and service development roadmaps. Contribute thought leadership to the Solutions team geared towards driving maximum business impact for clients.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a demanding team environment, understand and be responsive to client needs, work independently and under tight deadlines, and a willingness to take ownership of problems
- A high degree of comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to ask hard questions during workshops and in 1:1 interviews in a manner that drives towards solutions
- Remaining current with leading edge industry and technology developments including the Salesforce DMP platform
- Knowledge of agency operations, trading desks, media planning and buying, DMP solutions and relevant industry best practices and KPI’s
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Appropriate use of visualizations to tell compelling stories with data is crucial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management
- Experience collaborating on a strategic delivery team.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas—a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World’s Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
- 4+ years of experience working across multiple SaaS deployments in a variety of roles
- 2+ years of management consulting experience as a Business Analyst or in a similar role
- 1+ years of experience working in media
- 1+ years of experience implementing global initiatives and understanding regional needs
- Adept user of tools including Tableau, other BI tool and Microsoft Office
- Capability in database query language(s) (e.g., MySQL) a plus
- Fluency in oral and written communications in English. Additional languages a plus.
- Bachelors degree required (mathematics, economics, or statistics preferred). Advanced degree a plus
- Willingness to travel (up to 50% depending on location and assigned teams), and occasionally international