Salesforce DMP Solutions Architect
This is an individual contributor role within the Salesforce DMP Implementation and Integration group. The Solutions Architect is a hybrid business and technical consultant that is responsible for the solutions design and successful deployment of the Salesforce DMP. The successful candidate will manage technical engagement throughout the software deployment process. By leveraging standard deployment processes, properly documenting and communicating the solutions design, and working closely with the client, Solutions team, and Solutions Engineers during implementation, the DA will ensure project success with reduced cycle times and proper configuration of the software based on the client’s business requirements. The Solutions Architect works with clients, external partners, and colleagues across the Salesforce DMP.
Collaboration with functional and area leaders within the I&I and Solutions departments and across the company is a key to success. As an embedded resource from I&I into Solutions, the Solutions Architect will have deep relationships and access to peers in I&I, Product, and Engineering, while working closely with the Solution team members through client engagements. This model allows for deep nurturing and support from the technology teams while executing at the cadence required of the client-facing Solutions team.
The scope of responsibilities fall in four areas, each of which is described below.
Solutions design: Leverages best practices templates, documents & presentations to maximize efficiency & consistency especially within technical solution design & data flow diagrams. Reflects client's business strategy in technical implementation & solution design documents for each implementation including data flow diagrams that capture visuals & text explaining data sources in, data transformations & data exports/outputs. Summarizes business implications & recommendations of technical design discussions & troubleshooting for technical client contacts in writing & verbally. Considers the impact of his/her solution design on processing costs & efficiency and gathers internal consensus before presenting final designs
Technical consulting: Responds to technical implementation/deployment & solution design questions quickly, effectively, confidently & honestly by thinking on his/her feet. Uses ability to assess the risks and rewards throughout that process. Escalates questions he/she can't answer quickly & efficiently to resolve open issues
Documentation: Develop (or guide development of) documentation that can be used effectively by Solutions, deployment partners, agencies and clients during deployment and ongoing operation of the Salesforce DMP. Ensure existing documentation remains current, broadly applicable and accessible to appropriate audiences
Integration management: Leverages existing partnerships to deliver on client-specific solution design. Has a deep understanding of the partner ecosystem and integration partners and provides specific recommendations on how to deploy the Salesforce DMP in relation to systems of record & systems of engagement and technical expertise on ingesting external data sources and enabling activation partners
Success in role requires that the Solutions Architect:
- Translates complex technical implementation/deployment topics & details into business-friendly language for technical & non-technical members or internal & external teams
- Thrives under deadline pressure and effectively balances multiple, competing internal and external demands
- Prioritizes tasks & time wisely, making tradeoff decisions to drive most efficient use of time & resources
- Builds trust-based relationships with line staff across the organization
- Willing to travel 25-50% of the time (based on location and project assignment)
- 6+ years professional experience including 2+ years in a technical position in relevant industry (consulting, technology company and/or agency) required
- Experience with digital advertising technology implementation technology and operations including tracking pixels, tags, server-to-server integrations, mobile app SDKs, API integrations
- Systems integration experience designing data flows and procedures to ingest, process and export data across multiple systems preferably in a cloud-based environment
- Experience as Solutions Architect, Professional Services (Implementation) Specialty, Software Solution Engineer, Systems Engineer a plus
- Besides English, a second language proficiency is preferred (Spanish, French, and/or German). Additional languages are a plus
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree a plus