|Customer Success Manager – Salesforce DMP (Formerly Krux)
The Client Success Manager (CSM) is an action-oriented problem-solver and relationship builder who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Able to context-switch quickly and comfortable with ambiguity, the CSM owns client relationships from deployment through sustained value delivery. Ensuring Salesforce DMP clients achieve and sustain strong, positive ROI through effective use of the Salesforce DMP platform is the top priority of a CSM.
Collaboration within Solutions and across Salesforce DMP departments is a key to success. In addition to working closely with the Implementation and Integration (I&I) team during deployment, CSMs also work with Support, Training, Client Insights and Analytics (CIA) and Sales team members. In short, CSMs own client relationships and their sustained success with Salesforce DMP.
The CSM has four areas of focus as follows:
- Client Engagement: Develop a deep understanding of clients business goals and drive use of the Salesforce DMP platform to help clients realize those goals. Maintain regular, proactive dialogue with clients through standard, structured vehicles such as success plays, business reviews, trainings, and webinars. Develop strong trust-based client relationships through goal-setting, execution, expertise, and follow-through on both outbound and inbound requests. Stayed informed of any technical issues and monitor (and encourage) progress toward resolution. Work with sales to ensure timely account renewals and to capitalize on upsell opportunities.
- Knowledge Development: Quickly develop expertise on the Salesforce DMP platform in order to highlight key features and functionality to clients. Educate clients on new Salesforce DMP product offerings and updates to existing features and capabilities. Stay informed of data-driven marketing news, emerging technologies, trends and competitive offerings. Over time, develop expertise in one of two Salesforce DMP business sectors (marketers and publishers).
- Operating Discipline: Make timely and effective use of the CSM toolkit in-line with expectations of the Director of Client Success. Tools include the Quickbase, Totango, Jira, Zendesk, Harvest and others. Regularly meet internal operating, reporting and special initiative deadlines to ensure an accurate representation of client health and engagement at all times.
- Building Salesforce DMP: Provide feedback to the Director of Client Success and Product Service resources to inform service and product development roadmaps. Identify opportunities to simplify, streamline and increase the client impact of core operating processes. Build and share personal knowledge and insight into a business sector through re-usable assets and thought capital. Secure quantitative case studies of Salesforce DMP business impact at assigned clients.
Success in role requires that the CSM:
- Enjoys engaging with clients, learning their businesses and is able to quickly leverage Salesforce DMP resources to help clients meet business goals
- Brings strong organizational and leadership skills made evident through successful, concurrent management of multiple clients and projects
- Thrives under deadline pressure and effectively balances multiple, competing internal and external demands
- Balances priorities across his/her portfolio of accounts to ensure client satisfaction at high levels of Salesforce DMP operating efficiency
- Understands that details matter, embraces knowledge of detail, and is able to drive action toward larger goals
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills and is able to clearly explain complex, data-rich topics in a manner readily understood by clients
- Is intellectually curious
- Prefers an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Works well across organizational boundaries by maintaining focus on client impact
- Is able to travel to client locations as much as ½ the time
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas—a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World’s Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
- 7 – 9 years experience across a combination of enterprise client services and digital media
- 3 – 5 years combined experience in digital media and/or marketing and marketing or ad technology
- 2+ years management or SaaS systems implementation consulting experience preferred
- English language proficiency required. For EU-based positions, a second language may be required (French, German, Italian and/or Spanish). Additional languages are a plus
- Software development and/or project management experience a plus
- Bachelor degree required. Advanced degree a plus