|Lead/Senior Big Data Engineer, Customer Entity Resolution Engine (CRE)
Locations: San Francisco, Denver/Boulder
Our core mission at Salesforce is to help our customers connect to their Customers in a whole new way. In order to do so effectively across our diverse set of product offerings that span multiple stacks and acquisitions, we need to provide them with a trusted, unified profile of their customers which gives them a complete picture of their Customer’s interaction with them across these offerings.
As a member of the Customer Entity Resolution Engine team, you will work closely with Engineering Leads, Product Management, and multiple Development teams to continuously evolve and drive a technical roadmap. You’ll be on a team responsible for building out the core engine, as well as accompanying services to ingest, process and record keep vast amounts of data. The goal is to start with the customer entity, and iterate toward other use cases leading to a more generic data resolution engine.
- Deliver the evolution of a trusted CRE platform (scalable, secure, available, compliant) designed to power use cases across the entire Salesforce ecosystem
- Build out a system capable of ingesting and processing billions of interactions and terabytes of data per day
- Collaborate with engineers, leadership and other architects to bring a strategic technical vision into reality
- Evaluate technologies best suited to solve the technical and business problems
- Promote a culture of building reliable, self-healing services with robust error handling
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Commitment to proper Software Engineering - Test Driven Development, Documentation, Code reviews, etc.
- Ability to take a problem, analyze, design, and work within your team to solve the problem with high quality and on time
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases such as Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with Master Data Management, API Gateways, Federated Search & Querying
- Familiarity with Agile development
- Excellent communications skills