|Job Title: Senior Network Voice Engineer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Salesforce.com is looking to hire a Senior Network Engineer that is primarily responsible for the deployment and implementation of our global data/voice network. Qualified candidate must have significant Cisco experience along with related experience in Infrastructure/Networked environments with hardware (routers, switches, firewall, etc), software (IOS and NXOS), network security practices, designing, planning and implementing LAN-MAN-WANs using the industry standard technologies. The candidate should drive continuous improvement and growth of the company through strong skills and experience in data network technologies: OSPF, BGP, HSRP, MPLS, VPN, and voice technologies: SIPs, VoIP, and H.323. The candidate must be able to see projects through all stages, including defining, requirements, drafting and presenting technical proposals, deploying and maintaining the best solutions. A strong commitment to technical excellence and teamwork will be required, as this individual will be in a strategic position to influence and lead change within the IT Organization. This position may require some 24x7 on-call support and off-hours maintenance work.
- Lead technical projects and take ownership of the global network (data/voice). This includes working alongside architect/solution engineers and other engineers to design a network that aligns with company vision and growth.
- Analyze, design, test, install, document, implement and support of the global converged network.
- Define and create SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Considers and recommends new technology needs and solutions for anticipated needs of business.
- Develop technical solutions documents as well as documents that describe solution to business people. Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- Prepare and maintain up to date documentation for internal and external customers detailing configuration of deployed solutions.
- Leads problem resolution activities and root cause reviews and analysis.
- Develops high level project timelines and do resource estimates. Develops product refresh schedules. Consistently delivers on assignments.
- Provide 3rd tier support for the corporate network.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent in IT with a certification, such as CCNP, CCVP or preferably CCIE.
- Ideal candidate should have at least five (5) years experience in routing and switching in an enterprise environment.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with LAN/WAN/MAN technologies.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with Cisco ISR routers, Cisco 6500/4500 switches, Cisco ASA 55xx security devices, and Cisco Nexus platform.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with BGP and OSPF.
- Strong knowledge in wireless security: WPA/WPA2, PEAP, EAP-TLS, 802.1X.
- Proficiency working with access control list (ACLs), TCP/IP. VLAN, Traffic Shaping, priority queuing, class of service (QoS) and IP routing.
- Proficiency with EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Strong working knowledge on F5 load balancer and Palo Alto layer 7 firewall.
- Strong working knowledge of wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, wireless management, VoIP, H.323, MGCP, SCCP, and SIPs,
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with passionate attention to detail.
- A desire and ease in establishing credibility with fellow engineers through mutually deep technical skill sets.
- Communicate with managers throughout IT Infrastructure. Ability to make presentations to managers and/or other engineers.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Able to take complex tasks or problems and break it into smaller more manageable pieces. Works with vendors to resolve issues. Feels comfortable working with customers and gathering requirements
- Strong cross team relationships and has relationships in other domains. Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong persuasive skills and ability to influence decision making. Leverages strong relationship through team and across functions.
- Occasional travel up to 20%.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and worlds #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas—a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as- you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World’s Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for family) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.