Lead Solution Engineer – Service Cloud
What if you were empowered to solve the most complex business problems that Fortune 500 companies face today? What if you had the best social and mobile cloud technology stack to achieve that goal? What if you could work for a company that believes that top line growth is as important as giving back to the community? What if you could work alongside the best and brightest in the industry to craft innovative solutions and transformational strategies? All this in a driven, collaborative and rewarding environment… Sounds like fiction, you say? Absolutely not! Here at Salesforce, we call it #DreamJob!
The Service Cloud Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting our Service and Support product offerings (the Service Cloud) and architecture in the best light to prospects and customers based on a customer's specific business requirements. The successful candidate should bring experience that establishes credibility and maintain a presence / delivery that is confident and assured. The primary goal of our team members is to remove all technical objections related to Service Cloud in the sales cycle.
- Evangelizing Service Cloud value to customers (including c- level execs and IT) and field teams
- Business requirements assessment and delivery of findings including key pain points, proposed solutions to meet business needs, and ROI where applicable
- Development of a technical sales strategy
- Configuring and effectively demonstrating our solutions in a way that closely reflects each customer's business (tailored demonstrations)
- Discussing and proposing solution architecture that includes common call center infrastructure integration, back office system integration, and workflow process definition
- Working well in a matrix organization, including AE field sales, SE service executives and implementation partners
- Execute enablement activities (Webinars, Best Practices, Knowledge Share, etc.)
- The Service Cloud Solution Engineer works closely with Field Sales teams and Service Cloud Account Executives, their peers, and product management to deliver the appropriate solution and establish credibility and trust with the customer.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a solution/sales engineer preferably in the CRM space
- Deep functional understanding of call center/contact center operations and processes
- Curiosity and energy ability to understand the customer's true pain points
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied environments
- Ability to multitask, work in a demanding team environment, understand and be responsive solutions creatively to establish a differentiated architecture and solution
- Previous experience as a Sales Engineer/Architect for a CRM company or similar technology
- Ability to travel (up to 50% depending on location and assigned teams)’
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database and web technology
- Application configuration experience (applied understanding of setups / configuration of to customer needs, work under tight deadlines, work independently, and a willingness to take ownership of problems Contact Center related technology CRM solutions)
- Understanding of the Service Cloud product suite and platform
- Basic programming experience in HTML and other web based technologies is an advantage Workflow / BPM / integration experience
- Past experience with one or more of the following CRM solutions: RightNOW, Microsoft, Siebel, Oracle on Demand, SAP, Pegasystems Backoffice / ERP system understanding order management, accounts receivable / payables, collections, contracts (service), installed base
- Experience working with a J2EE architecture: Java, XML, JSP, HTML, and SQL Experience with relational databases including Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work for six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!