Senior Manager/Director - Thunder IoT Cloud
Salesforce IoT Cloud is on the cutting edge of helping our customers transform their business solutions by leveraging IoT data. The IoT Cloud team is building a new service offering to deliver real-time business intelligence and personalized engagement solutions. We are using the Salesforce Platform to build scalable 1:1 responsive journeys for "The Internet of Customers."
The IoT Engineering team is looking for a Sr Manager/Director with experience leading teams building cloud applications.
We are looking for managers who love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment with interesting problems to solve. The ideal candidate is someone who can work with our team of talented engineers, motivating them by example and helping them with their career growth. This candidate will also be someone who has excellent communication skills and can work with cross-functional teams, internal and external to the IoT Cloud, help with the projects deliverables, and work very closely with POs and architects/engineers to ensure that team is optimized to execute on the project milestones keeping trust, performance as a top priority. Prior experience leading teams building a net-new product using Java/ReactJS technology stack, building scalable distributed systems, test-driven development methodologies, agile development practices, and building products on the Salesforce core platform are a definite plus.
If you enjoy being part of a team building a new product offering from ground up and have a say in all aspects of shaping the product architecture/design, then we are the team for you! We have a great team of fun, motivated, and smart developers who never say no to helping their teammates. Learn and grow your experience solving challenges specific to IoT use cases and working on a solution that automates the IoT state machine with integration to customer data/assets in the Salesforce Customer Success Platform.
- Manage medium to large teams of engineers including remote staff
- Partner with the product owner, other engineering managers, and technical leads to plan, execute, deploy, and operate Thunder features and tooling
- Drive improvements in agile engineering practices across teams
- Provide technical leadership to deliver agile, scalable, and trusted services
- Drive a culture of service ownership
- Help developers learn and/or improve problem resolution skills
- Collect and use data to identify and eliminate areas of risk to engineering effectiveness
- Attract, develop, and grow engineers to develop and continuously improve self-organizing, empowered, motivated teams with service-ownership values
- Experience leading multiple engineering teams, each with its own set of responsibilities, commitments, expertise and technical infrastructure
- Computer-science background including Java languages and frameworks or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of operating cloud based infrastructure services
- Ability to motivate engineers to achieve extraordinary results
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.