Title: Senior Database Administrator
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) is the global leader of Cloud based (SaaS) E-Commerce solutions that enable the world’s premier retailers to maintain a robust online shopping presence. We empower our clients to improve their ROI by giving them the tools to effortlessly design and deploy seamless E-Commerce sites across traditional web, mobile, tablet and in-store applications. Salesforce Commerce Cloud provides a highly scalable, integrated cloud platform that allows our clients to rapidly launch and manage multiple e-commerce stores, initiate unique marketing campaigns, and drive customer traffic across a global footprint. Our model serves for an environment of constant innovation which extends to our technology and internal company culture.
Microsoft SQL Database Administrator role is responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Responsibilities include owning, tracking, and resolving database related incidents and requests, implementation of new instances and databases, working with application teams in support of new and existing solutions, executing and monitoring database backups and restores, performing performance tuning/query optimization, and supporting day to day operations. This role requires an individual with a service oriented mentality, who is willing to work within a team as well as able to work independently. Documentation of work as well as maintenance of existing Standards and Procedures is required.
- 24/7 monitoring and support of highly available SQL environments. Manage and participate in ongoing SQL code and schema development.
- Review code, manage standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with engineering, project and operation teams by conducting the database administration task such as but not limited to SQL code review, maintenance, installation, configuration, upgrade and migration.
- Conduct backup and recovery, database security, storage and capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning tasks.
- Conduct trouble shooting and data restores as needed.
- Collaborate with other DBAs to establish and enhance best practices in the area of back-up, data-recovery, database security, ETL, and storage.
- 5 plus years of SQL Server 2012 or higher experience.
- SQL Server replication technologies such as mirroring.
- Strong technical abilities.
- Quick study of new technology via on the job training.
- Intellect to resolve complex problems logically and methodically.
- Ability to be on call 24 x 7 x 365 in a team rotation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- SQL scripting experience a plus.
- Order Management/Digital industry experience a plus.
- Owning, tracking, and resolving database related incidents and requests.
- Implementation of new instances and databases.
- Working with application teams in support of new and existing solutions.
- Executing and monitoring database backups and restores.
- Performing performance tuning/query optimization.
- Documentation of work, as well as maintenance of existing standards and procedures.
- Expertise in performance monitoring and tuning.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.