|Customers For Life
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the 4th fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
This Portfolio Success Manager (PSM) role is focused on providing strategic guidance to top Enterprise customers and ensures coverage across large, multi-business unit accounts. We are Success Managers that are responsible for providing pre and post-sales strategic guidance and initiatives for specific strategic customers in our Strategic sales segment. This PSMs role is based in Seattle and aligned to our top accounts in the Pacific Northwest. The PSM will align with the regional Customer Success and sales leadership teams to partner on account planning and provide customer health leadership, handle escalations, Strategize on 1:Many Customer Success Initiatives, and build strong relationships with key customer project owners.
We are looking for a passionate team-player, with an operations and/or consulting background to help drive Salesforce value realization and growth with targeted enterprise customers. You spend as much face to face time with the customer as possible and help represent their needs / priorities within Salesforce.
- Mapped to multiple business units at 1-2 of our most strategic regional accounts. Ultimately responsibility for customers’ adoption and renewal. You ensure that customers derive maximum value from their investment in Salesforce, utilize all of their licenses, identify new opportunities, and collaborate with other Salesforce stakeholder teams to ensure growth attainment and increased footprint.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Customer Success, the PSM will Establish Account Health Plans to provide the right level of success team focus across the customer's many Business Units and provide customer health leadership across the portfolio. Understand Salesforce best practices to provide a success path for all covered BU accounts and a 1:1 engagement plan for key stakeholders.
- Monitor customer usage data, health indicators, renewal dates and growth opportunities and translate into strategies for success
- Help position Premier Success and Cloud Services products with the support of pre-sales teams - understand and articulate value proposition to customers and prospects
- Collaborate with sales teams and Salesforce’s Partner Alliances team to ensure proper implementation approach is in place to maximize new customer’s success
- Educate new customers on the entire value proposition of Salesforce’s Customer Success Group (CSG) solutions
- Plan, Promote and Execute Circles of Success Events based on customer needs
- Have daily/weekly cadence for meeting with, and providing Success updates to the internal account team and executives
- Manage and collaborate interdepartmentally to resolve at-risk Customer escalations
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map Salesforce features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Play a fundamental part in coaching customers to establish the appropriate Salesforce governance strategy
- Contribute thought leadership and best practice, both internally and externally, around business transformation and end user adoption.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 8 years relevant work experience
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Strong knowledge of business processes (Sales, Marketing, Service, Support), business applications and automation
- Expertise facilitating customer meetings and presenting to an executive level audience in a concise, inspirational and convincing manner
- Collaborative and consultative work style, ability to thrive in a high velocity, highly dynamic work environment
- Ability to link business processes with product/technical solutions.
- Deep understanding of customer success principles, approaches and considerations
- Experience with complex, escalated customer situations, ability to navigate large organizations and gain executive level buy-in
- Knowledge of sales organizations and approaches
- Passionate about Customer Success
- Strategic thinker
- Great analytical skills
- Proactive, organized, and detail-oriented
- Strong collaboration skills, but has the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and Content Development skills
- Programs or Project Management skills are an asset
- Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating executive meetings and workshops
- Knowledge of salesforce.com product and platform features, capabilities, and best use
- Highly beneficial to have any Salesforce.com product certifications prior to joining. It is expected that you will gain the following certifications as part of the role requirement and onboarding process in the first 6 months:
- SFDC Certified Administrator
- SFDC Certified Advanced Administrator
- Sales Cloud Consultant Certification
- Service Cloud Consultant Certification
- Marketing Cloud Consultant Certification
- Flexibility for travel (approximately 15%)
- Proficient with tools such as GoToWebinar, Google Product Suite (Calendar, Slides, Sheets, Sites), Powerpoint and Excel