We are seeking a proven, tactical and strategic Regional Vice President of Sales in the Central Region. The appointed RVP will drive revenue growth as well as the growth of the Sales team within our Commercial Accounts in the Retail and CPG vertical space. This individual must be both a strategic and deal focussed, with exceptional commercial and cross-functional skills. They must demonstrate high energy, and have strong sales management experience.
- Supporting direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings. Engaging other corporate resources as required.
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the Commercial sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new Account Executives on sales process.
- Conducting weekly forecast meetings. Coach direct reports regarding strategies to drive closure.
- Reporting on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management.
- Ability to forecast and drive business to a monthly close.
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, and tracking the results.
- 10+ years of individual contributor, quota carrying software sales experience.
- 3+ years sales management experience.
- BA/BS degree.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
- Experience selling in to the retail industry or relevant B2C/consumer industries.
- Experience managing a team of hunters (net-new business).
- Proven record of sales success in a similar enterprise software application environment.
- Successful track record in a high volume transaction sales environment with a monthly cadence.
- Working knowledge/experience of the CRM / Marketing space.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a very fast paced environment.
- Ability to hire and train new sales representatives.
- MBA is preferred.