Manager of Mission Critical Success
Salesforce.com is the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we're delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate-and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our "more human, less corporate" culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success.
Location: Hyderabad, India
Description: Manager of Mission Critical Success Delivery is a customer-focused leader and is responsible for Salesforce.com’s MCS Technical Support. This responsibility includes defining the strategy for Delivery of Mission Critical Success, and developing a strong partnership across Worldwide support, Premier products, and Engineering teams. As a member of the Global Support management team, the Manager of Mission critical Success is both technically competent and business oriented.
- Provide leadership and direction to the MCS Delivery teams WW resulting in increased overall customer satisfaction and Customer retention.
- Create and manage all global processes, infrastructure for MCS Delivery, including Delivery process to meet our SLA, update, and resolution targets.
- Focus on Proactive Support and best practices for our Customers that will hasten their deployment.
- Define operational initiatives that will support our Strategic direction for MCS Support.
- Implement Dashboards, Early warning systems, and other proactive aids to detect issues with MCS Customers.
- Proactively engage Regional CFL and WW executives as appropriate to improve customer relationships and demonstrate Salesforce.com commitment to the customer at the highest levels.
- Develop excellent working relationships with other Support management to enable the successful delivery of Mission Critical Success and other value-added services.
- Responsible for defining escalation processes, recommending and agreeing improvements with other affected functions, then ensuring successful implementation.
- Strong change management skills are critical to implement various WW strategies.
- Travel as required.
- BS or MS in Computer Science.
- 10+ years experience in a technical support environment, handling highly complex issues.
- 5+ years at the Management level, managing managers in addition to individual contributors, providing mission critical support to large enterprise customers.
- Previous experience directing and maximizing the benefits of collaborating global teams.
- Practical experience managing multiple support teams, including outsourcers, with a strong knowledge of all technical support functions and related engineering responsibilities.
- Must have previous and demonstrated leadership experience in a technical support environment.
- Flexibility, integrity and creative problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite to be successful in this role.
- Must be technically literate and be able to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both engineers and executive level management.
- A team player who is influential and builds good working relationships across all functions.
- Proven ability to manage complex processes and drive continuous process improvement.
- Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage projects across teams where influencing skills are required.
- Ability to respond to high-profile, high-impact customer/product escalations in a way that drives customer loyalty
- Solid business sense, including experience with cost/benefit analyses.
- Experience developing and maintaining productive relationships across organizations to ensure that business initiatives are completed and business objectives are achieved.
- Highly motivated, with a strong sense of achievement and the willingness to both lead and contribute supportively to a dynamic team environment.