Sustainability Analyst, San Francisco, CA
Location: San Francisco, CA (HQ) About Salesforce:
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!About the Position:
Join Salesforce’s sustainability team as the data specialist, leading the collection and sharing of data with key internal and external parties to help drive sustainability action and engage our employee base. The Sustainability Analyst will be the owner of Salesforce’s environmental impact data collection program. The ideal candidate has an innate curiosity about data and is excited to solve problems, as quantitative analysis is the heart of this position.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Sustainability and work closely with the entire sustainability team and cross-functional business partners.Your Impact:
- Collect, analyze and report on Salesforce’s environmental impacts, including energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories. This includes global vendor and stakeholder management.
- Coordinate and manage the annual total carbon footprint submission to the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) Investor and Supplier surveys.
- Refine data collection methodologies and create a process of continuous improvement to quantify Salesforce’s environmental impacts.
- Develop metrics, baselines and targets to drive improvement programs and risk management around climate change, energy, water resources, waste, data center energy efficiency, green buildings and transportation.
- Track and keep abreast of global regulatory developments and changes to reporting standards and best in class corporate behavior.
- Maintain and optimize the environmental management database. Build enhanced functionality into tool to provide relevant strategic metrics and information.
- Support sustainability reporting and engagement, including strategy development and stakeholder process.
- Provide a sustainability perspective on internal cost benefit analysis, performance assessments, and critical benchmarking research.
- Support other sustainability programs as needed.
- Bachelors degree required, graduate degree preferred
- Strong analytical and statistical skills, including financial modeling and experience making sense of large amounts of data
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience, including demonstrated passion for the environment, sustainability, energy, carbon footprint management or related field
- Seeking a candidate with experience in software development, computer science and/or database management
- Salesforce.com Certified Administrator a plus
- Ability to problem-solve and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the World Resources Institute and World Business Council for Sustainable Development guidelines on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting Protocol as it relates to measuring Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks, specifically Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Driven, entrepreneurial, self-starting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Tech savvy and comfort working with and using new software tools
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Excellent project management skills
- Positive team-oriented, hands-on, adaptive, and client-focused attitude
**Salesforce.com will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.