Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas—a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World’s Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Are you a Retail front office subject matter expert that has deep domain expertise and looks at the industry through a different lens? Are you excited about the driving forces that are changing the landscape in Retail? Are you a visionary thinker with demonstrable experience of thought leadership that can help to take our Retail business to the next level?
If so, we are looking for a Sr. Manager of Retail Industry Go To Market to join our Retail Industries team. This is a mid-senior level role and requires an individual who has a strong point of view and strategy for the industry, can build compelling industry solutions, understands industry and solution marketing, and can support sales teams with enablement and direct deal support. It also requires a specific knowledge and instant credibility in Retail front office discussions. This role is based in any of offices in Germany (preferred), Italy or UK.
This role will provide a unique opportunity to work across multiple businesses and functions within Salesforce to accelerate our growth. You'll focus on the following:
Industry Ambassador: Serve as a trusted advisor who delivers crisp industry and product message to retail customers and prospects in various forums. The ability to seamlessly transition from speaking to a room of executives, to industry events, to small customer meetings, to large keynote presentations. The individual needs to be an outstanding communicator who possesses Retail industry experience and/or marketing or selling solutions to the Retail industry.
Solution Go to Market Leader. Manage all aspects of taking regional Retail solutions to market, including sales enablement, influencing marketing programs and working with sales to develop and advance deals at strategic customers. Manage the performance and success of Retail industry solutions in the field.
You need to have a proven track record in the above areas, as you will be representing Salesforce as the retail industry segment executive leader in DACH, Southern Europe or UK regions.
- Creating the regional Retail go to market strategy and be able to clearly communicate the message to customers, partners and analysts both verbally and through written communication
- Develop product messaging and work internal teams to ensure its implementation across all channels (online, web, events, field sales). Continually test and refine message to ensure it is consistent with pipe gen goals and Salesforce.com corporate-level message
- Collaborate successfully with our core cloud teams and field marketing teams to define and implement pipe gen strategy and tactics
- Collaborate with our award-winning corporate marketing and creative teams to create whitepapers, web content, videos, strategic communications, and other sales tools
- Support sales efforts by creating Retail Product messaging for our core cloud sales teams & engaging on key accounts and opportunities
- Work with a cross-functional team to accomplish annual goals and objectives
- 7+ years experience working in a corporate Retail industry role or 3+ years of product management or marketing in a technology company where you sold back to retail
- Outstanding oral & written communicator, totally at ease speaking in large public events, on industry panels and formal c-suite environments
- You will be recognized by your peers as an innovator and thought leader in the future of the industry, used to generating thought-provoking presentations and creating compelling visions of the future
- Knowledge and experience working with the major industry partners across Retail
- Shining track record in crafting compelling positioning, thought leadership content and sales assets
- Super-star skills managing multiple projects with very tight deadlines
- Strong ability to work across business lines, presenting to executive leadership and at different levels of management
- Fluency in German or Italian
MBA a plus (but we also love brilliant people who didn't go to business school)