Force.com Developer, Salesforce.org
Everyone who wants to change the world should have the tools and technology to do so. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and—above all—connections. Salesforce.org gets our technology in the hands of nonprofits and educators so they can connect with others and do more good. As a social enterprise, the more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good.
If working every day to support this vision sounds like something you’d be interested in doing, then we’d like to talk to you!
We are looking for a talented, self-directed, deeply technical individual to join our Product Delivery team. This is an amazing opportunity to have impact with thousands of nonprofits and higher education groups, while working on the best platform for building change-related business applications. The team is one where self-directed individuals thrive, and one where your vision for increasing the impact of the social change sector can be realized.
The Engineer, Force.com Development will be responsible for designing and implementing complex Force.com solutions-- including functional requirements, coding, support and agile team principles and leadership. This opportunity requires deep application development skills, writing and collaboration, and strong communication skills. The focus will be on creating and improving Force.com products that enable our customers to be successful on the platform. This position will require working in a small team of individuals focused on core development tasks.
- Taking impactful features from idea to implementation
- Working with stakeholders to help refine requirements and develop to those requirements
- Building and improving Force.com implementations and various other systems
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven leadership, prioritization, and analytical skills
- Service focused, impact driven
- Proven ability to design and optimize technical systems in support of organizational process
- 2 years or more experience with Apex, Visualforce, and the salesforce.com APIs. Lightning experience a plus
- Significant experience in practicing agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments
- Experience leading technical requirements gathering and building solutions from those requirements
- Ability to actively contribute from day one in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Significant experience with web application development
- Comfortability with a variety of development tooling, including Force.com IDE, Ant migration tool, and others
- Technical writing and documentation experience a plus
Position location is flexible for the right candidate.
If hired, a Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, must be completed at the start of employment.