Director, Infrastructure Engineering - BigData @Scale
We are building out our BigData @Scale Engineering team to design and develop the next generation of large scale distributed data platforms at Salesforce, and we are looking for an experienced leader to help (1) lead a team of distributed systems engineers to help achieve our vision, (2) manage a company-level impactful service in production, and (3) coordinate with our service users/customers. We deliver scale-out data and analytics technology stacks to provide a scalable, cost effective service for Salesforce’ massive data processing and querying needs.
Do the points below get you excited about the role? Come and join us at Salesforce!
- Eat, sleep, and breathe large scale distributed systems and data platforms
- Working with HBase, Phoenix, HDFS, Yarn, Kafka, Spark, or equivalent large scale distributed systems technologies
- Designing, developing, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in datacenters around the globe
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineering manager, with prior experience as a software engineer
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, with strong competencies in software design and architecture
- Experience with Java, and/or C++ in a Linux/UNIX data center environment
- Experience with open source projects like HBase, Phoenix, Kafka, HDFS, Hadoop, Cassandra etc., or industry or academic projects in the areas of large scale distributed systems or data platforms is a nice to have
- Rainmaker recruiter – capable of building and retaining a world-class team of engineers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.