|Developer Support Engineer (Tier 2)|
|Customer Success – Professional Services|
|Australia - Sydney
|Developer Support Engineer (Tier 2)
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative developer to support our largest Salesforce customers in creating excellent applications on the Salesforce platform. You will be joining our talented and highly innovative Developer Support team to enhance the Developer, Customer and Partner user experience in the Salesforce Community.
Within the Support organization the Developer Engineer will investigate, reproduce, research and diagnose complex technical issues affecting Salesforce customers. The ideal candidate should be passionate about solving technical problems, providing effective solutions for the customer and is business oriented. Technical skills are important, but so are communication, persistence and patience to ensure customer success.
● Provide support to our external customers and partners
● Troubleshoot customer integrations, issues with Salesforce APIs, Apex, .NET and implementation of Salesforce developer products
● Take ownership of customer issues through to resolution - including troubleshooting, external and internal communication and providing meaningful feedback to the customer on a regular basis
● Provide feature explanation and coding best practices
● Create knowledgebase materials dedicated towards operational efficiency whilst also empowering and enabling the greater support community
● Fluency in English.
● Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
● 2+ years of development experience and prior experience working in Customer or Technical Support
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
● Proven analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
● Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
● Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
● Knowledge of Object-Oriented design and core programming concepts
● Understanding of database concepts and SQL
● Comfortable interacting with other departments and management
● Expertise with SOQL and .NET
● Knowledge of VisualForce and Apex
● Experience with Eclipse IDE and ANT
● Solid knowledge of XML, preferably experience using server-to-server web services (SOAP)
● Understanding of Internet technologies: firewalls, web servers, proxy servers etc.
● Knowledge of multi-tenant, grid, parallel, or distributed computing architectures
● Previous experience with Salesforce and its technologies
● Any Salesforce Certification or Trailhead Badges
● CRM domain knowledge
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas—a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World’s Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Would you like to apply to this job?