Sr. Software Engineer, Platform Development
Office Location: Louisville, CO (this is not a remote role)
Within the Platform Development group, we strive to build the best technology to enable our customers and partners to build customized solutions, grow fast, and be successful. We think of ourselves as a customer company, which means we value our relationship with the customer and carry the customers trust as our highest priority in everything we do. We use our community, data, feedback and technology to quickly adapt, learn and continuously improve. Platform development teams are diverse, constantly building, refactoring, refining processes to aid our work, our efficiency and sustainability. We believe in collaboration, trust, transparency, accountability, calculated risk taking, self-reflection, giving back, volunteering and continuous improvement. We celebrate wins and learn from our failures, big and small.
We are looking for solid software engineers that together with their team want to build Salesforce's future. We want you to be curious, have a passion for learning, enjoy problem solving and thrive on delivering with your team. The most important characteristic we look for is the ability to figure out what should be done and get it done within the spirit of Salesforce -- this requires thoughtfulness with a bias towards taking action and assuming responsibility.
Being innovative while delivering fast can only be achieved if focus is kept on building the things that matter most. By operating in short release cycles, applying agile methodologies, incorporating continuous feedback and adjustment and employing data driven decisions, we expect you will achieve great successes on your projects with your teams. We are a hybrid engineering team. There is no distinction between Developers and Quality Engineers; we’re all simply Engineers.
Responsibilities are shared amongst all team members regardless of the type of work. The duties dictated by design, development, unit testing, integration testing, and maintenance are owned by each individual and by the team collectively. We have a leadership engineering opening that requires at least 5 years of experience as well as a software engineering opening that requires at least 2 years of experience.
- Write clean, testable, readable and maintainable Java code that scales and performs well for over one million customers worldwide
- Familiarity with test automation, tools, and methodologies
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Good communicator mentoring and guiding API design
- Take responsibility for your code and features from working with product management all the way through to deployment and support
- Database and SQL development
- Designing and building test frameworks
- Working with highly-available, software-as-a-service platforms
- Comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum/Lean environment