|Senior Software Engineer - IT Applications|
|US - Indiana - Indianapolis
Salesforce is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Senior Member of the Technical Staff) to join our IT Application development team. Our Service Contracts and Entitlements (SC&E) group is responsible for solutions that enable our global workforce and influence the Salesforce customer experience. Our community of worldwide internal users reaches over 25,000 & our focus is global enablement. Making sure our customers get the service they are entitled to is paramount at Salesforce. This is your chance to be part of a team that powers the technology behind our global implementation of Salesforce.
You will be working with a group of world-class engineers, architects and product managers to build scalable breakthrough features and integrations. You have a solid understanding of the MVC pattern, an obsession with commenting your code, a natural tendency to self test your code before calling it done and a knack for building quality user experience.
This job requires that you be a self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and also handle multiple tasks simultaneously. You must possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to interact with other team members to deliver fast with quality. You will also be asked to contribute ideas and provide feedback on many projects within the team's portfolio. We're a flat, lean, agile, self-governing team. We value transparency and trust. We continue to create purpose in our work, question the status quo, seek individual mastery and encourage autonomy.
• 5+ years of experience programming with an OO language (Java, C#, force.com)
• Extensive understanding of OO design and programming, and MVC
• Expertise with relational database languages (SQL or SOQL)
• Experience with data modeling design
• Knowledge of Web Services (SOAP and REST)
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
• Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology
• Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or Computer Science or relevant experience
• Experience developing on the Salesforce.com platform & API's
• Experience developing on Force.com (Apex and Visualforce)
• Certifications in Force.com and/or Java
• Understanding of various user based security models
• Master’s degree - ideally in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS
Would you like to apply to this job?