|Director, Technical Support
Location: Hyderabad, India
Job Description: We are seeking a proven, tactical and strategic Director of Technical Support in Hyderabad to lead a team of Support Managers and engineers who are tasked with supporting our customers and partners. The appointed Director will play a key role in driving the success of the Hyderabad Global Support center as well as future locations that may emerge in India. This individual will lead a highly visible and motivated team and will interact extensively with Support leaders across the rest of the world. The ideal candidates should possess extensive Technical Support leadership experience, preferably supporting global clients in a cloud or software environment and the selected candidate will be reporting to Senior director.
- Work with Sales to understand customer issues and partner with the sales team to improve overall Support processes
- Drive a close engagement with T&P to address customer concerns around escalation processes, response times/problem resolution, establishing SLAs and Top Product Enhancements
- Oversee strategic projects to improve customer self service
- Understand technical training needs and help drive priorities with our internal training strategy group
Impact - Responsibilities:
- Resource, organize, and facilitate a team of Support agents at both in-house and outsourced locations in providing high quality, accurate and timely customer support.
- Actively participate in setting team/department objectives & ensure they are met.
- Scale support by adopting Knowledge centric support as a core foundational pillars
- Work with Sales, Technology and CSG organization to continue to improve the overall support experience.
- Manage key metrics which will measure the effectiveness of the team in meeting key goals such as Customer satisfaction, Customer Loyalty and productivity. Continuously seek to improve processes and working practices to ensure that these goals are achieved, and that Salesforce remains at the forefront of the industry in the provision of customer service.
- Responsible for ensuring differentiation of Support Delivery via our Premier Success, Mission Critical Success and other value-added services.
- Act as an escalation point for high severity customer issues that arise from within the team; directly from customers; or from other Salesforce functions.
- Actively engage in implementing and supporting the evolution of support delivery model via Service Cloud features and enhancements to the Salesforce Partner Community.
- Lead, organize and motivate the team to ensure that the highest possible quality of service can be provided to Salesforce customers in resolving technical issues.
- Partner closely with the regional Customer Success organization to ensure POC’s, Key Strategic Customers, and Sales driven escalations are handled with a high priority.
- Work pro-actively with Peer Managers to schedule staff, plan training activities, and other non-customer facing activities to meet Regions Capacity requirements.
- Analyze Customer trends and adopt Knowledge Centric Support practices to ensure Knowledge base articles are promptly written resulting in increased First Contact Closure and Customer delight.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience in a technical support environment, handling highly complex issues.
- 5+ years at the Management level, managing managers in addition to individual contributors, providing partner support to large enterprise customers.
- Previous experience directing and maximizing the benefits of collaborating global teams.
- Practical experience managing multiple support teams, including outsourcers, with a strong knowledge of all technical support functions and related engineering responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of operational infrastructure, metrics, processes, systems and tools for running a Worldwide Support organization focused on working via Outsourced partner channels.
Note: Ready to work in night shifts according to business need.
- Must be capable of dealing confidently and professionally at executive level internally and at customers.
- Proven ability to manage complex processes and drive continuous process improvement.
- Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage projects across teams where influencing skills are required.
- Ability to respond to high-profile, high-impact customer/product escalations in a way that drives customer loyalty.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!