|Salesforce Commerce Cloud Customer Success team is similar to an enterprise software account management organization, but with much more skin in the game. We deploy a unique "shared success" pricing model that motivates us to ensure our customers are fully enabled and equipped to drive top-line sales growth through our platform. Their success is our success. Their growth is our growth.
The Customer Success team is part of an umbrella organization called the Retail Practice, which also includes subject matter experts (SMEs) on implementing, using, and optimizing Commerce Cloud, in addition to SMEs steeped in digital commerce and omni-channel best practices.
Reporting to a Regional Director, the CSM role is a highly visible leader responsible for ensuring the complete post-sale success and satisfaction of a portfolio of Commerce Cloud's customers. The CSM will identify and leverage company-wide resources to address any customer satisfaction, growth or renewal risk or opportunity in their portfolio. The goal is to make every customer in their portfolio successful and committed to Commerce Cloud for life through a trusted advisor relationship. This role will not have direct reports, but will have available to them a team of SMEs from within the Retail Practice and across Commerce Cloud to execute an effective account management engagement plan.
The CSM will primarily consist of our large and strategic customers.
Location is flexible across Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Proprietor ownership and accountability for ensuring customer retention & growth, customer satisfaction and contract renewals within the assigned customer portfolio.
- Choreograph other domain experts to deliver the outcomes of the account plan you are responsible for building and maintaining for each account.
- Develop strong relationships with all key decision makers and influencers, including executive sponsors.
- Identify, develop, and realize new opportunities for expanding your customer's business volume.
- Uncover & know any risk that threatens your customer's growth, satisfaction, or renewal; conceive and execute mitigation plans for all risks.
- Own customer profitability, including judgment on pricing concessions and resolving any latency with accounts receivables.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external colleagues to build a best-in-class customer experience with the goal of making every customer a promoter of Commerce Cloud and a customer for life.
- Take ownership of all direct communication and resolve escalations with great autonomy related to the scope of services provided by Commerce Cloud within assigned portfolio.
- Focus on customer intimacy by listening to customers carefully and truly understanding customers' key business issues and opportunities in order to deliver business impacting results.
- Ensuring ongoing adoption by the customers' website(s) of the continuously innovating Commerce Cloud feature set
- Act as the liaison between product management and the customer with a focus on feature collaboration and communicating the Commerce Cloud roadmap in a balanced "one versus many" approach required by the SaaS model.
- 8-12+ years of experience in account management, sales or client services in the context of enterprise software, managing multi-million dollar portfolios of recurring revenue
- Program Management: Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and drive account plans; manage a portfolio of multiple projects running simultaneously; manage accounts in "steady state" or "maintenance mode".
- Project Management: Ability to lead complex projects including planning, staffing, monitoring, change management, QA, escalation management, and ongoing support.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of B2B SaaS models, preferably from the vendor side
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and mapping the customer org structure with ability to bridge turnover at any level of the organization
- Skilled in commercial negotiations in the renewals context for multi-year, multi-million dollar contracts
- Strong management and business skills required, along with a proven multi-year track record of developing deep relationships with C-level and VP-level executives.
- Proven multi-year track record of identifying and closing add-on business in the account
- Ability to work independently and as part of team in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated experience to seamlessly transition between conversations with C-Level execs, technical leadership and industry level business conversations.
- Success working in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment with a rapidly growing company
- Bachelor degree
- Fluent German mandatory, fluent English (or excellent level) requested
- Travel up to 50%
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.