|Developer Evangelist - EMEA Region
Our friendly team of Developer Evangelists is looking for a community focused developer happy working with several programming languages to join our EMEA team.
What We Do
Our team inspires our growing developer community to engage with our platform technologies through sample projects and code. We write blogs and create content on the Trailhead online learning platform. We participate in our developer community of more than 200 developer groups around the world engaging in-person at our many corporate events, including TrailheaDX and Dreamforce.
Who You Are
We think someone with a passion for developer education and technical outreach would be a great addition to our team. You’re excited to work with new technologies and are comfortable in one or more programming languages. You are a great communicator and work well both with our team and independently. You’re an active participant in developer communities on and offline. You’re excited about creating technical demos, technical content and helping other developers do more with Salesforce technologies. We imagine this role as part of our London office but are open to great candidates from across Europe.
What You Will Do
In this role you will be empowered to learn new technologies and become an expert in the world's most trusted cloud platform. You’ll be collaborating with a motivated team of evangelists around outreach and with dedicated editorial teams to produce great content for platforms like Trailhead. You’ll also be working closely with product development, product marketing, R&D and client facing teams to represent and support our developer community. This role will involve public speaking and regular international travel of up to 50%.
- Become an expert in the Salesforce Platform and technologies.
- Develop technical content and opinion including written content, webinars and talks enabling developers on our platform.
- Develop code samples, prototypes, demos and publish open source code to inspire and help developer and community success.
- Provide live support at real world events and marketing activities in the areas of product demonstrations, talks, and workshops.
- Build and support community and relationships through online and offline evangelism of Salesforce technologies.
- Support team members, internal partners, and our community with outreach, evangelism, product feedback and support.
- Develop and collaborate on strategy around competitive developer platforms, tools, and languages.
- Advise valued customers and partners on best practices, architecture, and design to speed adoption and customer success.
- Work closely with internal product R&D teams to comprehend and influence upcoming platform technologies, features and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to produce technical content in the form of talks, tutorials, blog posts, videos, or podcasts.
- Passion for learning about and working with new technologies.
- Clear presentation, interpersonal and communication skills and experience making complex technical concepts accessible and understandable.
- Professional experience in enterprise application development, with some hands on experience with developer outreach or community building.
- Hands on experience with and enthusiasm for a variety of enterprise technologies such as mobile development, AI, IoT, Big Data/Analytics, etc.
- Diverse technical background with experience developing with one or more modern programming languages.
- Comfort and experience with social media.
- Deep problem solving and analytical skills and a passion for getting involved with strategy.
Salesforce's corporate culture is one that embraces diversity and inclusion. We offer family-friendly policies, and encourage wellness and balance in working life. Employee affinity groups, paid time to volunteer for charities of your choice, and wellness reimbursement are provided to every employee.
- Enthusiasm for and some experience with the Salesforce Platform using Salesforce Trailhead.
- Experience building and supporting developer communities.
- Working knowledge of modern web technologies such as cloud based APIs and protocols (SOAP, REST, JSON), web frameworks, and responsive user experience.
- Positive visibility within a developer community or a reputation for helpfulness in developer spaces.
Interested in applying, but not sure you have all the skills? Apply anyway. We like to think we know a lot, but we can't possibly know everything. We openly support learning, and who you are may fit our team in a way that we (and this job description) could not have foreseen.