Are you naturally curious? Do you enjoy exploring the motivations that drive customers to buy and use products? Have you mastered translating data into insights and insights into action? And most of all, do you want to personally make a big impact?
Great! We have the perfect opportunity for you and we'd be honored to have you join us.
The role of Sr. Manager, Customer & Market Insights will join a growing, world-class listening function that acts as the chief evangelists and storytellers within Salesforce of who our customers are and what they care about — by role, market, industry and geography.
We're a strategic company asset that informs product roadmap and innovation priorities, marketing and branding, competitive positioning and customer retention and growth strategies.
We engage our customers through a variety of listening methods, including surveys, focus groups, listening tours, advisory boards and the Salesforce IdeaExchange. We thank them for their feedback by closing the loop and sharing how their input drives our outcomes.
Who we're looking for:
The ideal candidate will be a product strategy professional with a strong consultative approach who thrives in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment. They are passionate about listening to customers, discovering impactful product insights, delivering thoughtful recommendations and influencing business decisions to maximize value and impact on a rapidly growing and innovative company.
The main objective of this role will be to aid Salesforce in assessing product gaps and making roadmap and strategy recommendations based on customer and market priorities. The ideal candidate will deeply understand our products and be a voice of the customer into the Technology & Products organization, staying abreast of needs and trends, and educating colleagues and leadership to help them make informed decisions. You will be to help answer the following questions for the organization, and drive the programs and technology strategies to help.
- What’s the big picture of customer feedback across sources?
- How do we decide which feedback is most important?
- How does the feedback picture change over time?
- How do we track progress against requests over time?
- How do we engage product managers in every step of the journey to make them wildly successful?
- How do we close the loop with customers, continuing to earn their trust and celebrating the success of sharing their voice?
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a single voice to Product, helping to shape product direction by leveraging analytics, identifying key customer needs and industry insights, and communicating client feedback
- Develop or expand in-depth understanding of Salesforce's suite of products across Sales, Service, Marketing, Platform, Commerce and Intelligence
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities, define strategies, and plan and execute program operations around collecting and analyzing product feedback
- Stay informed about market trends and changes in the competitive landscape, and share insights and recommendations with the team
- Be the trusted shepherd of the customer voice, building trust with our Product Management & Product Marketing organizations by advising them on the business cases and requirements that will enable them to build and market better products
- Collaborate with team members to analyze results, identify key insights, and generate clear business recommendations
- Serve as program manager for our customer-driven ideation platform, the IdeaExchange, proactively identifying opportunities for improved processes and future growth and innovation
- Demonstrate thought leadership by proactively identifying and initiating new opportunities for capturing customer feedback, including adoption of new technologies like AI.
- Utilize our world-class global listening programs to understand customer priorities, pain points, and technology investment strategies
- Explore unchartered territory and develop better ways to uncover rich product insights
- Tell the next-generation Salesforce on Salesforce story by using our cutting-edge technology to integrate disparate data sources to provide a holistic 360 view of our customers
- Create breakthrough, creative incentive and engagement programs to reward and recognize the employees and Community members that contribute and respond to product feedback
- Define and develop your career, your profession and the future of Salesforce
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-7+ years experience
- In-depth familiarity and experience with Salesforce products across CRM, SFA and MA a MUST
- Strong analytical background in finding trends and opportunities within data to tell compelling stories that bring customers to life and inspire action
- Customer-obsessed and relentless in leveraging insights to inform the right priorities and decisions
- Proven track record of influencing and inspiring cross-functional peers and senior leaders by generating and implementing new ideas
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced, startup environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Natural collaborator and team player
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across product portfolios and teams, including Corporate Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience, and Product Strategy
- Expertise in MS Excel, Powerpoint
- BA or BS degree required
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.