|Job Title: Platform Strategic Account Manager, Media|
Location: London, United Kingdom
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's number 1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas—a new technology model in cloud computing, an “-as-a-Service” business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World’s Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. In the UK Salesforce has been ranked Number 3 on the Great Places to Work listing for the last two years. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
The Salesforce Platform is at the very heart of Salesforce. Today every company is in the app business. Apps are where customers meet brands. Where employees connect with each other. Where business processes are streamlined, automated, and mobilized across the enterprise. So the Salesforce Platform has evolved to lead this revolution. App Cloud is the one-stop shop for customers building, running, managing, and optimising apps using the same technology and expertise that fuels our success, extending to burgeoning technologies like Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things.
The Platform Account Executive (AE) focuses on selling the vision and value of how the Salesforce platform can transform our customers’ businesses. The Platform AE will formulate and execute a sales strategy, drive Platform revenue growth by driving demand in the current customer base, and develop new customers in the Media vertical. You will carry quota for the Platform line of business, and will own, lead and close sales, as well as partner with the wider Salesforce account teams.
Key to this role is your ability to articulate value, inspire and sell the Connected Customer Company future in a Cloud Computing world. As a trusted advisor and coach, you are the person with the expertise in business and technology architecture that can match customer needs to the capabilities of the App Cloud. You will articulate the business value of the solution at C-Level and do so by working across all the necessary stakeholders in your customers.
The Platform AE will be capable of selling vision and value to both business and IT leaders. You are not necessarily a deep technology expert, but you do have a fundamental passion for how digital technologies can transform the ways that our customers connect with their customers, employees, consumers and partner. Working closely with the entire account team to drive the customer relationship and alignment at all levels in order to execute the overall account strategy is key to your success.
- Develop and execute successful Platform sales campaigns across your industry sector.
- Deliver the fundamental message as to why Platform is relevant to your customers’ and prospects’ businesses
- Create new leads from prospecting efforts and assist others in business development activity.
- Refine sales messaging, prospecting, qualifying and closing enterprise level deals.
- To own, lead and close opportunities both from new and established relationships.
- Effectively and accurately forecast your business, and build customers for strong future references
- Overachieve on annual sales quota targets.
- Align with the account Team to drive customer solutions.
- Work closely with the product marketing team to define the Platform go-to-market strategy.
- Track record in successfully selling complex software solutions
- Demonstrated ability to sell large scale and complex systems to key accounts
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CIO, CEO and CFO levels
- Strong and demonstrated written, verbal and presentation skills
- Background in technology and platform solutions such as application and mobile app development, database, business intelligence, integration, internet
- Working knowledge of the software development process and software design methodologies
- Proven ability to work well as part of a complex matrix and extended sales team
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure in a high performing and fast moving sales team