We are looking for an Infrastructure engineer to be part of our Platform engineering team of subject matter experts responsible for building, testing and releasing Infrastructure as code for retail infrastructures.
While acting as a subject matter expert on the Linux Operating Systems and services, you will be self-motivated in the engineer role performing SDLC activities including analysis, design, collaboration, developing code and documenting in every phase. The ideal candidate will understand and look for ways to constantly improve the existing solutions, to innovate by using latest technologies in the cloud and on-premise physical and virtual infrastructure. Simplifying and automating infrastructure deployment, system operations like patching, upgrading and migration are your passion. You will also enjoy helping the operational teams to troubleshoot systems and application issues to help other engineers succeed. Retail domain experience will be a plus.
- Design, develop, release and deploy the Infrastructure services on the Linux flavored platforms from inception to delivery
- Work with DevOps team for gathering the problem statements on the existing systems and services
- Setup physical and virtual environments for developing and testing the Infrastructure services involving client server and micro services architecture and monitoring.
- Create the next generation of tools and infrastructure for build, orchestration, automation and monitoring.
- Plan, manage, and socialize all Infrastructure engineering activities with security and performance in mind.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the Engineering code releases and identify security vulnerabilities for fixing them systematically.
- Understand threat model for the enterprise infrastructures and recommend security improvements and liaise with Security Operations
- Create templates for various systems and services in view of collecting the metrics and alerting. Report on the historical trends and analysis.
- Coordinate with Development/QA, Professional Services, Operations, and system/application analysts to improve quality of Infrastructure services.
- Author and review relevant documents such as release notes, installation guides, and test plans for use by engineers.
- Subject matter expert for AWS, Linux systems and Oracle Virtual Server systems.
- Communicate with Internal and external teams to enable successful technology enablement in the area of Infrastructures
- Thorough understanding of the Linux operating system (Red Hat/Fedora/SLES)
- Proven experience working on Infrastructure systems, services and programming
- Strong Bash/Shell, Perl, Python, or related programming language with eye for development.
- Experience working on Cloud technologies and Virtual environments preferably AWS
- Ability to think holistically for a given project or problem.
- Creative problem solving and aptitude for systems thinking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical staff and management.
- Experience in programming the alert/notification systems such as Nagios, or Zabbix
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum/Kanban team environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will also have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in Infrastructure automation using Salt Stack or similar technologies like Chef, Puppet etc.
- AWS/XEN/OVS experience in a large environment.
- Experience in the source code development using tools like GIT, Bit Bucket etc.
- Experience in Bug tracking systems like Jira or GUS and Linux build systems like Maven, Make, and RPM-Build.
- Experience with WAN deployment techniques that prevail in Retail industry (central / store services)
- Understanding of database systems and instrumentation for performance will be plus
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.