|Title: US GAAP Senior Accountant
Location: Alphaville office, Brazil
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
As part of our Brazilian team, which reports to EMEA Controllership org., you will join a dynamic group of highly skilled professionals having the responsibility of Brazilian entity within a very fast paced and challenging business environment. Beyond your operational responsibilities, you will need to demonstrate strong leadership to permanently enhance our processes for safety and efficiency, as well as providing a high level of support to our Business Partners.
US GAAP Accounting:
- Identify and implement process and systems improvements in order to streamline activities and to enable increased focus on results analysis.
- Work with external Tax provider to attend Brazilian tax and accounting requirements.
- Preparing and maintaining process documentation, for compliance and Brazilian requirements purpose.
- Manage select key close closing processes, preparing, documenting entries and preparing related balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Perform and review Journal Entries: overhead allocation, Fixed Assets activities, depreciation, Payroll, Commissions, Accruals;
- Perform and reconcile deferred commissions process.
- Assisting with the preparation of US Tax team requests.
US GAAP Regulatory Compliance:
- Actuals variances analysis and explanation, (month over month, Quarter over Quarter and Year over Year) for versus outlook for select areas of the P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Answer promptly to questions from business partners and support business with ad-hoc analysis upon request
- Monitor compliance with Corporate Accounting Instructions and applicable Financial Policies
- Maintain procedures as per SOX defined controls
- Liaise with external and internal auditors preparing and providing required documentation and explanation.
- First experienced as accountant in a multinational company
- Knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Exposure to Direct Tax and knowledge of Transfer Pricing Structures
- Familiar with SOX compliance and other country equivalents.
- ERP experience required (ORACLE Financials and Hyperion preferred);
- Results oriented, team player, willing to work in a fast growing and challenging environment.
- Hands-on, decisive and fast worker
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Be a catalyst for change and able to respond quickly to various requests.
- English speaking and writing is required.