Senior/Lead Software Engineer - Thunder IoT Cloud
Salesforce IoT Cloud is on the cutting edge of helping our customers transform their business solutions by leveraging IoT data. The IoT Cloud team is building a new service offering to deliver real-time business intelligence and personalized engagement solutions. We are using the Salesforce Platform to build scalable 1:1 responsive journeys for "The Internet of Customers."
We are looking for full-stack/UI/backend engineers who love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment with interesting problems to solve. The ideal candidate will be passionate about cloud computing, and about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. Java/ReactJS expertise, experience building scalable distributed systems, proponent of test-driven development, self-starter and prior experience working with Salesforce platform are some of the additional attributes we are looking for in the ideal candidate.
As a full-stack engineer, you are comfortable writing APIs to expose back-end services and writing front-end code to consume them. You use open-source projects to accelerate building highly scalable and innovative solutions. Our team culture empowers you to take ownership of your features or components. You will work with cross-functional teams, internal and external to the IoT Cloud, and collaborate with POs and architects/engineers to execute on project deliverables.
If you enjoy being part of a team building a new product offering from ground up and have a say in all aspects of shaping the product architecture/design, then we are the team for you! We have a great team of fun, motivated, and smart developers who never say no to helping their teammates. Learn and grow your experience solving challenges specific to IoT use cases and working on a solution that automates the IoT state machine with integration to customer data/assets in the Salesforce Customer Success Platform.
- Design and implement highly scalable systems and algorithms
- Design and implement innovative user interface
- Work closely with quality engineering, product management, and technical operations to develop, test, deploy, and operate high quality software
- Design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites
- Full-stack software development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- 2-10 years of professional experience working with modern programming languages, such as Java, C++ or equivalent and/or ReactJS or equivalent
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and work effectively in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Passion for creating new products and services, including being comfortable with the ambiguity associated with designing new products.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud platforms.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong background in computer science and algorithms
- Excellent communication skills
- Agile development methodology
- Experience building applications on the Salesforce platform
- Experience with messaging semantics, scheduling algorithms, and distributed systems fundamentals
- Experience with large-scale metrics and monitoring
- Experience with performance testing, troubleshooting, and tuning
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.