|Role: Account Director, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is seeking a proven leader in account and client management to become part of the EMEA services team as an Account Director to drive maximum value and success within our customer base. The Account Director will lead complex, global enterprise brands and work directly with them in developing and implementing a cohesive approach to levering our technology to achieve business goals through the delivery of a program engagement in which a team of consultants is aligned against the continuous execution of work on behalf of a portfolio of clients.
The Account Director is key to our client retention and account development in our rapidly growing customer base. This person should be comfortable developing trusted advisor relationships with executives and cross-organizational teams tied to digital strategy execution. A successful Account Director leverages deep Salesforce Marketing Cloud application knowledge in combination with business and marketing domain expertise.
- Responsible for roadmap development for a client's marketing program
- Thought leadership - marketing and innovation using ET solutions
- Working with others to articulate execution of plan
- Measuring effectiveness of recommendations
- Assess legitimacy and feasibility of client expectations
- Educate client about charter of the overall engagement, associated processes, and team roles & responsibilities
- Identify expectation gaps and develop a comprehensive plan to address them
- First point of escalation for Services-related expectation gaps
- Manage, monitor and benchmark PSAT
- Facilitate and manage Quarterly Business Review
- Develop action plan to address PSAT issues or concerns
Discovery and Scoping of New Services Opportunities, Renewals and Incremental Services (i.e. additional utilization for existing resources)
- Maintain a clear understanding of client stakeholders, their roles in the organization, and their sphere of influence
- Maintain professional and productive rapport with key stakeholders (line level and executive)
- Develop relationships with progressively more Influential stakeholders (next level above highest current relationship)
- Lead scoping effort
- Assign Services resources to assist in scoping efforts (based on opportunity potential) i.e. GTM
- Estimate initial work effort, timeline, deliverables, and assumptions in Services SOW
Program and Campaign Operations
- Approve SOWs (work effort, deliverables, assumptions, and pricing)
- Support execution of contracts
- Support the development of Services-Related Service Level Agreements
- Working with partner agreements, approval and sign off on partner SOWs
- Assign resources to contracted work and assess staffing to meet demand
- Coordinate assigned resources
- Ensure accuracy and quality of deliverables
- Ensure adherence to Services delivery methodology and standards
- Engage with Service leadership on strategic planning for continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure operational compliance for timesheets, PTO, billable expenses and expense reports, and internal status reporting
- Timeline management – specifically ensure projects/program deliverables are within agreed timelines
- Status Reporting (Internal and Client-facing)
- Utilization management and reporting
- Understand client's strategic objectives
- Develop a shared vision (among the client and internal teams) for evolving the client program
- Define the strategic vision and objectives for the Services team in a Program Charter/Roadmap
- Quantify and demonstrate the business value the Services team is delivering
- Identify role or utilization gaps in existing team
- Identify and quantify opportunity for growth of existing team
Coordination and Support
- Develop and maintain account and portfolio headcount and hiring plans
- Participate in recruiting efforts and make hire recommendations
- Make hiring decisions based on recommendations
- Manage functional onboarding of new resources
- Manage account-level onboarding of new resources
- Manage all HR-related responsibilities (performance reviews, compensation, MBOs, and performance improvement plans)
- Provide day-to-day oversight, real-time coaching, and mentorship for account team members
- Manage performance for under-performing resources
- Assess staffing to meet demand in pipeline
- Address internal obstacles being faced by Services team
- Address resource constraints
- Provide day-to-day oversight, real-time coaching, and mentorship to team members
Budget Management and Revenue Recognition
- First point of escalation for Services performance or delivery issues
- Second point of escalation for Services performance or delivery issues
- Manage utilization of team resources to ensure Services margin is not jeopardized
- Adhere to OpenAir project management processes for Revenue Recognition
- Conduct monthly assessment on forecasted Services margin
- Develop utilization and pricing levels that ensure x% margin on Services as sold
The Account Director will accomplish these responsibilities by becoming deeply embedded in the client’s business and processes, so as to become a subject matter expert on the client’s needs. Program management requires frequent communications with and on behalf of the client – sometimes at an executive level – to scope new pieces of work, direct projects, manage client expectations, and escalate risks.
- Experience in an account management or account director role at an email service provider or digital agency.
- Experienced in the process of requirements gathering, scoping and directing technical teams through the process of technical discovery.
- Presentation preparation and delivery
- Project management experience, including the creation of project plans, project schedules and change management processes.
- Ability to provide solid guidance around email best practices, deliverability and email design
- Degree, MBA a plus.
- Solid experience in consulting and project management.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Visio.
- Intense customer focus
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and client management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- High technical aptitude
- Deep analytical and business acumen
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to compel unity and productivity in a team
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Flexibility to travel
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas—a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as- you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World’s Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for “family”) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.