|As an Infrastructure Devops Engineer at Salesforce.com, you will be part of a dynamic, global team delivering and supporting technology infrastructure to meet the substantial growth needs of the business. The Infrastructure Engineering team is a fast-paced, dynamic, global team that’s delivering technology infrastructure to meet the substantial growth in our business and is essential to deployment of all new equipment and upgrades to hardware and software. We are currently looking for a Senior Infrastructure Devops Engineer for this team. Key to this position will be to focus on automating database infrastructure rollout. The emphasis is on making the process highly secure and supremely robust.|
- Take personal responsibility for the availability and reliability of our service.
- You will actively participate and influence the roadmap on IT orchestration deployments and EVERYTHING else that enables our services to delight and deliver for our customers.
- Provides technical support to multiple product development teams with infrastructure/Platform needs.
- Works in conjunction with multiple teams to make sure that the infrastructure and the applications that depend on it work harmoniously together.
- Author tools that reliably manage infrastructure. Responsible for developing and managing framework/tools to package and rollout infrastructure changes at scale.
- Work closely with development and infrastructure teams to define the tools, processes and implementation to support fast iteration software development.
- Designing, scaling out services in our multi-tenant infrastructure.
- Provide support to the on-call teams in support of the pertinent services.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Technical Field
- At least 5+ years professional development experience and a general awareness of DevOps best practices.
- Strong passion towards building tools and systems that enable other developers on the team to build great things.
- Experience implementing automated tools and frameworks.
- Killer dev-ops automation skills in any of the following (Java, python, golang, or similar)
- Robust understanding of relational databases (Ex. Oracle or similar)
- Strong understanding of linux in production environments with proven track record
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, agile team environment
- Excellent verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- understanding of physical and virtualized hardware or infrastructure
Salesforce.com is the #1 CRM platform, delivering the best in the industry cloud solutions. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the fourth biggest enterprise software company, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.