|Title: SMTS, Software Engineer - IT Applications
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Salesforce is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Senior Member of Technical Staff) to enhance our existing IT Marketing Operations application development team. This Senior-level position will focus on Salesforce Marketing Cloud applications and tools in one or more of the following domains: Data, scripting, API, and integrations. Technical subject matter expertise with Salesforce Marketing Cloud is essential to success in this role.
The Senior Software Engineer (SMTS) is a strategic position to our internal business partners and stakeholders. The SMTS will work with an established application development manager, solution architect, technical development lead, and application development team in solution design & development.
- Ability to solution based on internal client requirements
- Provide technical consultation on Salesforce Marketing Cloud tool set and solutions
- Develop specialties in Salesforce Marketing Cloud data management, scripting languages, API, and integrations (Salesforce CRM)
- Serve as technical liaison to product teams to support custom and/or atypical initiatives
- Execute advanced configuration / development activities per assigned work items
- Conduct solutions testing and validation
- Actively support our ADM agile framework – including participation in scrum team roles, tools, practices, and rituals
- Establish a solid relationship with our Product Manager to understand the vision, requirements, and priorities of our Marketing Operations business partners
- Be a self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and also handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Be responsible for development through all phases of the development lifecycle
- Use your experience to collaborate with team members to develop new features, enhance existing features, underlying software components and frameworks
- Possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to interact with other team members to deliver fast with quality
- Be asked to contribute ideas and provide feedback on many projects within the team's portfolio.
- Four year college degree (Business, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar degree preferred) or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency.
- Experience in building stored procedures, reports, and data extracts; command of SSRS and SSIS, performance optimization techniques, foundations of data architecture, qualities, and integration.
- Experience working with Eclipse, MS Visual Studio, NetBeans, or other modern integrated development environment, as well as visualization software applications such as LucidChart / MS Visio.
- Proficient developing SQL and experience with a RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server.
- Experience with systems integrations such as CRM (Salesforce), Web Analytics, Content Management, and/or POS/Commerce
- Experience with other server side web development design languages, scripting tools, and protocols such as HTTP, CSS, XSLT, AJAX, and/or JQuery.
- Knowledge of SOAP API and familiarity with REST API.
- Experience with at least 2 client side programming languages such as .NET, JAVA, PHP, Ruby, C#, C++, Visual Basic, and/or Python
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies including requirements, design, implementation, testing, and maintenance
- Familiarity with security standards such as TLS, SSL, and/or data encryption
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.