As a technical program manager for the Pardot TechOps team, you will inspire and influence by articulating and continuously reinforcing the program vision. You have the desire and ability to be an agent of change while maintaining strong relationships with colleagues; you understand the big-picture vision, and are detail oriented with hands on execution skills to help make the vision a reality. The successful technical program manager is able to execute through the tactical development & deployment cycle without losing sight of strategic objectives.
You will be expected to facilitate in making appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional project and engineering teams. The right candidate will possess a strong product and program management background, with devops experience and familiarity with bare metal and AWS technologies.
- You’ve done it before: At least 4+ years of Technical Product/Technical Program Management experience focused on infrastructure technologies.
- You’re self-motivated: you identify and solve problems, you are naturally inquisitive.
- You stick with it: Complicated logic, changes in business direction and iterations. You get it done.
- You work well with others: Cross-functional leadership (Provide domain expertise to support Operations and Developer team members.), communication and collaboration. check.
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves: Infrastructure dependencies? Network diagrams? Detailed functional requirements? You’ve written those, and secretly love them.
- You communicate: You can pull together and deliver presentations to executives across the organization.
- You are flexible: Ability to balance between Agile mindset and Waterfall development, while incorporating the needs of infrastructure delivery
- You understand the value of devops: You know your CI/CD tools and technology and love the people who develop and optimize it.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Drive alignment using the organization's V2MOMs (Vision, Values, Methods, Obstacles and Measures), our 6 month planning cycles and through influencing team backlogs.
- Identify and drive resolution of systemic challenges that are within the TechOps team.
- Facilitate teamwork between organizations by communicating dependencies, then creating and driving plans to resolve them.
- Develop trusted relationships with key leaders & stakeholders to drive strategic program objectives and optimize program delivery. This includes supporting and holding people and teams accountable for their responsibilities within the program.
- Participate in strategic planning and development of services roadmap.
- Identify and collect the metrics that will have the greatest impact, and present them in a comprehensive and easily understood context.
- Foster transparency, innovation and learning; promote continuous improvement.
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering on program objectives.
- Drive for clarity to keep teams moving forward.
- Collaborate with team members and customers to populate and prioritize product backlogs.
- Proactively seek and embrace constructive feedback and provide the same level of feedback to colleagues to encourage an open and collaborative culture.
- Monitor and resolve end-to-end process for things like: repeating pain points/sticking points, blockers. Identify areas for automation focus.
- Maintain and deliver clear and highly organized project plans and status updates up, down and across the company.
- STEM degree and/or programming experience required.
- 4+ years of strong technical program management or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of solution management experience for infrastructure, software, or SaaS experience.
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure processes and lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
- Agile experience required.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Experience as a developer highly desired.
- A service oriented minded person who “Thinks Customer”
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.