|Position: Commercial Contract Specialist
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salesforce is the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we’re delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate–and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our more human, less corporate culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success Aloha-style.
The Commercial Contract Specialist’s responsibilities include supporting a number of teams of Account Executives, including but not limited to deal structure questions, order processing, and compensation calculations, while ensuring orders are in compliance with revenue & company policy.
- Provide Pre-Sales internal support & guidance to Corporate AE’s, Marketing Cloud AEs and Renewal Managers on contract negotiations
- Assist AEs in addressing customer satisfaction inquires related to contracts/invoices and product issues
- Respond to process & policy questions and effectively communicate requirements to AEs
- Work with Rev Rec, Collections, and Legal on contract issues and provide suggestions and assistance for contract negotiation in order to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Apply knowledge, skills and judgment to make moderately difficult decisions and resolve issues
- Possess strong level of expertise in SFDC Application
- Deconstruct and solve complex billing issues
- Participate in new process development and process improvement projects as well as other ad hoc projects.
- Work independently on assignments and escalations that are diverse in scope, requiring seasoned judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Challenge legacy policies and procedures that complicate quote, order, invoice, credit, commissions, and revenue processing, and formulate creative solutions or work-around based on that analysis.
- Share best practices with and provide cross training for peers, team members and outside business units to enhance the quality and efficiency of support and contribute to the knowledge base.
- Establish strong relationships with Sales, Renewals, Customer Support Managers, Collections, Adjustments, Compensation, Rev Rec., Legal, and other internal resources as appropriate.
- Assist Sales Team in creating contract/orders when required
- Perform credit memo calculations and create necessary cases
- Ensure all approved requests have been properly documented in accordance to Sales Operations processes, escalated to the appropriate approval level, and resolved within SLA
- 3+ years’ customer order management or sales support experience in the IT industry.
- Contract structuring and Commission Calculation experience
- Demonstrated participation in process improvement initiatives and/or project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues; ability to think quickly
- Must have strong research and problem solving abilities
- Ability to excel in a fast growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- Ability to understand broader business and financial issues and juggle multiple projects and tasks
- Extreme attention to detail
- Must maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations and while working within a team environment
- Able to use Microsoft suite of tools effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience