|UX/Visual Design | Ignite
Salesforce Ignite is a global customer-facing innovation team (see more from Fortune here) within the most innovative company of the decade (see more from Forbes here). Ignite provides a unique form of creative advisory service to Salesforce's top customers, blending capabilities in design, research, and strategy. We engage with the C-suites of the world’s biggest brands to help them understand and reframe their most acute innovation challenges, collaborating with them to identify new opportunities and re-shape the future.
We are looking for ambitious, self-motivated visual and UX designer to join our Ignite APAC team. You will be a key member of our team, shaping innovation programs by researching and understanding customer problems, creating concept designs, prototyping and helping with storytelling. The ideal candidate is a digital native and a maker at heart. She or he understands how to collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team of researchers, designers and strategists to develop game-changing solutions to real-world business challenges.
Ignite does not work from traditional design or creative briefs. We engage with the world’s top companies to help understand their most acute business challenges and collaborate with them to re-shape their future. We solve for real-life experiences and pain-points based on powerful research insights and business strategy https://www.salesforce.com/ignite/
Asia Pacific is a fast-growing and dynamic region for Salesforce. As a founding member of the Ignite team in APAC, you'll be a pioneer for our design thinking approach internally and with customers, bringing practices that have proven successful globally to leading companies. You'll travel widely in the region and represent the Ignite brand internally and externally. Customers operate in differing languages and cultural contexts - your sensitivity and skill in translating across these differences will be crucial to your success.
Experience & Qualifications
- Use a native sense of user experience, elegance, aesthetic appeal, and originality to generate unique, forward-looking design directions that inspire the broader team and customer.
- Demonstrate expertise in UI/UX, storytelling, branding, or other specialized skills that bring complex solutions to life creatively, efficiently and powerfully.
- Use strong visual communication skills to tell rich stories, create compelling artefacts and prototypes, and evoke imagined environments
- Articulate the value of design and the logic of design choices to support the vision in a way that is convincing to internal and external customers.
- Apply design to the innovation process to guide and influence research and strategy, from experience and category analysis to user research, breaking down products, experiences, categories, and trends to draw out insights.
- Show courage and flexibility in determining the level of fidelity of stimulus, presentation, and activities to effectively capture deep user insights and communicate story and strategy to the customer
- Help facilitate complex work sessions for C-suite executives and cross-functional teams.
- Contribute to compelling narratives that capture insight and inspire executive-level audiences.
- Build strong relationships with diverse internal stakeholders to bring the full Salesforce ecosystem together for maximum customer success, creating enduring relationships that advance personal and Ignite success.
In addition to the competencies necessary to fulfill the responsibilities above, the following experience and qualifications are sought:
Additional preferred experience and qualifications
- Experience in driving human-centered interaction design activities, e.g. research, information architecture, task flows, wireframes and understanding of latest UX patterns.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating both visual and interaction design experience. Strong visual design background, e.g. color, composition, typography is a plus.
- Experience conducting or participating in user-centered research that generates actionable insights that can inform thoughtful design concepts.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Flinto, Marvel, etc.
- Experience designing for mobile apps, web, accessibility, and analytics.
- Self-motivated, a good communicator, and able to balance quality deliverables with tight deadlines.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and helping other team members through it, and enthusiastic about working in a culture of critique and iteration with all team members.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken, in English
- Passionate curiosity regarding emerging trends in innovation and enthusiasm for using the design process to make businesses more effective, relevant and successful.
- Entrepreneurial bias for action with ability to resolve problems with limited resources and input.
- 3+ years cross-cultural and international working experience and appetite for more.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas—a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World’s Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
- Agile and/or lean experience ideally in Large Enterprise context.
- Video design and production experience.
- Skill and experience in physical prototyping using anything from paper and foamcore to arduino and wearables
- Knowledge of SaaS/Paas (Cloud Computing), relational databases and web technologies
- An advanced degree in a relevant field, e.g. design, innovation, etc.
- Experience spreading the gospel of design through teaching, publishing, speaking etc.