|The Manager, Collaboration Services reports to the Director of IT Infrastructure Applications located in Indianapolis, Indiana. This position will oversee engineering and operations of collaboration services in the IT Infrastructure organization, including email, calendar, chat, file sharing, conferencing, streaming, voice, video, wireless, and audio/visual. The primary objective of the IT Collaboration team is to provide a seamless user experience to our employees that fuels their productivity, teamwork, and innovation. An ideal candidate will be an expert in effectively leading and managing the design, implementation, and operation of large complex collaboration services with a solid understanding of the service lifecycle.
- Hold regular 1:1’s, manage individual performance, inspire them to deliver high-quality work. Manage a geographically dispersed team.
- Develops and implements strategies to hire, develop, and grow top talent.
- Own the overall Collaboration roadmap in partnership with our business stakeholders.
- Drives operational excellence through defined goals, metrics, automation, and process improvement.
- Ensures the successful execution of engineering projects through solid planning, issue resolution, resource management, and swift decision making.
- Deliver projects within committed scope, time, and budget.
- Works closely with other engineering, operations, and support teams to deliver new capabilities and maintain existing services.
- Define team goals, support team in achieving desired goals, and be accountable for the team performance (quality and quantity).
- Leads the team in developing and maintaining multi-year, technology specific roadmaps aligning with IT, business, and Trust objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, partners, and peers.
- Manage vendor relationships and conduct quarterly business reviews.
- Track/approve PTO requests, coordinate team coverage.
- Manage the budget for all Collaboration services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, STEM, IT or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of IT work experience, with at least 3+ years of experience in managing medium to large teams or projects, influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Experience managing people, employee career development, team building, and conflict resolution.
- Experience working in an enterprise level organization with a large, diverse IT environment.
- Experience in process design, organizational transformation, ITIL, Six Sigma, Lean, and/or CMMI.
- Broad technical knowledge of IT Infrastructure services, including productivity, cloud/Saad, telecom, conferencing, security, directory services, network, systems, storage, databases, and clients.
- Strong organizational and executive communications skills are a must.
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations.
- Ability to make decisions and move forward without complete information.
- Ability to manage the impact of changes in all aspects of the role.
MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Information Management, Technology Leadership, or related field.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.