|Senior Director, Infrastructure Product Marketing
Location: San Francisco, CA
Are you passionate about cloud computing? Inspired by how the cloud continues to disrupt the Enterprise Computing industry?
Seventeen years ago, Salesforce started a revolution that the industry now called cloud computing. With your technical knowledge and communication skills, you will evangelize cloud computing to our top customers, analysts, and customer-facing employees. We want every customer, analyst, and employee to become an evangelist for our cloud, highlighting how we have created the leading enterprise cloud service in the industry.
Successful candidates will be able to work closely with senior executives to understand our core technology, differentiators, and future roadmap for our cloud and then communicate these capabilities back to the market. The largest and most complex customers want to understand how the Salesforce Infrastructure works and how it compares to their traditional on-premises infrastructure and applications.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Evangelize Salesforce’s cloud computing infrastructure technology through scalable marketing and communication programs
- Customer outeach and communication regarding service incidents
- Market and communicate our advantages to our top customers and partners through multiple channels.
- Develop materials to market our innovation, infrastructure, architecture, roadmap, applications, processes, security, and reliability – all of our core technology.
- Scale the programs across the company so every customer-facing employee can easily describe the benefits of our cloud. Develop a certification program so the appropriate internal employees can evangelize our core technology.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
- Experience in marketing and communicating core technologies and infrastructure to internal and external audiences.
- Comfortable in high-stress, challenging customer situations (rebuilding trust with customers)
- 8+ years of experience in product or technical marketing, product management
- Experience with cross-functional skills and interfacing with C-Level Executives/Customers
- Strong creative and technical skills
- Passion for cloud computing and disruptive thinking
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Ability to work across teams and provide leadership of ideas
- Experience with service level agreements and cross collaboration with Legal and Revenue Recognition
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a face-paced, start-up environment
- Nice to have: Infrastructure development experience