|Are you an all-star team member who prefers working (and playing) in a hyper-collaborative environment? At Salesforce, we put customers first, and we want to shine a spotlight on their success. We're looking for an individual who's passionate about creating harvesting, developing, and publishing inspiring and educational customer success stories that highlight their use of Salesforce technology.
The individual in this position will have a keen understanding of the Salesforce technology stack and how our customers use this technology to achieve business success, across all industries and company sizes.
The Product Marketing Customer Marketing Manager will primarily be responsible for turning great customer stories—gathered from a variety of sources, including but not limited to interviews conducted with customers—into written case studies, film briefs, sales slides, blog posts, text alerts, web content, and references. But prior to creating these deliverables he/she must first source eligible customer targets, build relationships internally and externally, successfully pitch customers on co-marketing engagements, and as a final step, deliver any number of the bill of materials outlined above.
This role provides an incredible opportunity to hone presentation skills, create internal allies, own a strategic part of the business, and ultimately foster external relationships to identify and celebrate amazing customer advocates. That's why the individual in this position must possess strong interpersonal skills to be able to quickly build rapport with executives, customers, internal peers, AEs/CSMs, and anyone within Salesforce. It’s an incredibly cross-functional position that requires collaboration and bridge building, across time zones, offices, personalities, and differing priorities.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Effectively sourcing, securing, and publishing customer success stories in all forms with the right mix of product, industry and/or solutions.
- Continually building your list of customer story leads—leveraging sources like Salesforce reports, leads from AEs/SEs/CSMs, inbound interest from external advertising, building relationships with customers so they become interested in sharing their stories, and more.
- Fulfillment of sales reference requests as assigned to you based on your area of industry and product expertise.
- Effectively adopt best practices and processes as outlined by leadership and your direct manager.
- Building and maintaining pitch decks and presentations so you can easily explain how Salesforce would like to strategically partner with a customer.
- Presenting to and communicating with customers to get them to agree to co-marketing. In other words, effectively selling them on co-marketing opportunities so customers agree.
- Engaging with a customer to complete co-marketing in a way they see as beneficial to their individual career as well as their overall business. This includes building a strong rapport and relationship with each and every engagement.
- Managing every stage of the co-marketing lifecycle in an organized fashion, making the engagement as easy for the customer as possible.
- Quickly responding to direct requests from internal stakeholders when a customer story need arises—includes responses to email or Chatter requests within an hour.
Your mission is to:
- Manage the business of Customer Marketing for a named soluion —includes understanding exactly what your stakeholders need, and finding a way to get it done on time, on budget, to exceed expectations.
- Understand the Salesforce technology stack—especially the products within the named —and how customers are using or could use our technology to solve their unique business problems. This includes understand the key plays/solutions we can provide, and matching success stories to those.
- Understand and have awareness of all the Salesforce for Marketing stories, quickly flagging any gaps that might exist.
- Make sure you always understand your priorities so that you're always working on stories that align to your LOB's product and industry areas of importance.
- Ensure you're always tracking towards story goals, adopting and following shared processes, and appropriately implementing new programs and best practices as assigned by leadership.
- Effectively communicate your current workload and areas of focus to your direct management, so you're always aligned.
- Proactively manage relationships with key internal stakeholders, in the form of regular meetings and communications.
- Continually build rapport with internal stakeholders so they have the success stories they need to increase cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, referrals and renewals.
- Create real connections with customers to ensure success throughout the relationship lifecycle. You will build relationships that aren't based on asking for favors, but on truly getting to know customers, engaging in a mutually beneficial relationship with them to help them achieve their unique needs in addition to ours.
- Proven experience effectively working with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Previous management experience with proven record of inspirational leadership.
- Excellent rapport building, high EQ
- Demonstrated ability to present to leadership—overall strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus across diverse teams.
- Dynamic, confident personality that thrives on a winning team.
- Shining track record of success in a fast pace, sometimes frenetic environment.
- Can-do, positive, inspiring attitude.
- Outside the box, innovation and creative thinker.
Why Work at Salesforce?
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work.
Our growth, innovation, and Ohana spirit of Salesforce is driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win.
That's why life is sweet, especially when you work at Salesforce!