Trailhead (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en) began as a product for our external Salesforce community to learn Salesforce. It’s revolutionizing the way people learn and energizing and expanding our incredible Salesforce community. It also powers our internal learning and development, ensuring Salesforce team members can learn from the same great platform.
The Trailhead Program Manager will be responsible for program management for internal Trailheads for the Technology & Products (T&P) organization, facilitating the process, curating content, partnering with our internal stakeholders, and exceptional writers and driving adoption within our org. In this role you will also create simple videos and other bite-sized learning that will complement the Trailhead learning modules, rounding out our learning delivery. A program manager here is an exceptional project manager, with additional responsibilities for overall success of a strategic program.
As the program manager of this for the T&P organization within Salesforce, you will report to the Technology People & Leadership (TPL) team - a group of learning professionals dedicated to the success of Tech & Products team members. The TPL team wakes up every day working to create a world where our technologists and product leaders have access to exceptional learning opportunities, so that they have the knowledge, skills and behaviors to excel in their roles and career at Salesforce.
- You geek out on project management and love to create plans, systems, and tools to support your efficient work.
- Passionate about learning and design, especially in an online medium, and can visualize and implement learning approaches that work for intended audience.
- Brings a ‘Get it done’ approach, where done means producing high quality work quickly, strong leadership, and intense collaboration.
- Flexible - this is tremendous new product that is evolving regularly; the ability to thrive in an environment that is ever-changing is critical.
- Great influencer, at all levels of the organization. Figures out who to talk to, includes leadership perspective in major decisions, and can influence across many levels.
- Loves to wear multiple hats.
- Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- Top-notch presence and communications superstar.
T&P Trailhead Program Management:
- Roadmap Planning:
- 'Ear to the ground' about key initiatives/programs that may be appropriate for Trailhead.
- Meet with T&P stakeholders who are interested in creating content on Trailhead; Consult with them on appropriateness for content on TH, process, requirements, sponsorship and marketing, ongoing ownership.
- Manage 'committed' T&P Trailhead Roadmap with individual writers and stakeholders:
- Work with writers on roadmap (timing for release, manage 'slots'-up to 5 modules per release).
- Prioritize modules for release and internal Trailhead writer with TPL and Trailhead core team leadership.
- Maintain and communicate roadmap to senior execs via salesforce tools and other means.
- Facilitate & guide module creation process:
- Utilize the Salesforce product/technologies to manage process and reporting.
- Set writer up for success via coaching through process, manage editorial process.
- Review content at each phase, particularly for developmental edit/instructional design edit.
- Coach on graphic creation and facilitate this process.
- Review, QA and approve all content at each phase.
- Add modules to reporting T&P dashboards.
- Drive Adoption:
- Stay up to date on all Trailhead modules (beyond T&P modules) to aid in recommending content for T&P.
- Marketing of T&P modules; Both broad-based marketing and targeted based on intended audience and senior stakeholder support.
- Curate modules and trails for specific needs (engineers, teams, onboarding, TPL related etc); Recommend content based on learner needs and promote accordingly.
- Maintain TPL google site (https://sites.google.com/a/salesforce.com/tpl/trailhead)
- TrailMix expert - utilize Trailmix (and stay ahead of features) within T&P via creating Mixs, supporting teams etc
- Trailhead Product & Stakeholder Alignment:
- Trailhead Core Team member. Trailhead product expert for TPL, rolling out features and capabilities internally, conduct monthly summary meeting with
- TPL team on product. Advocate for T&P needs in the product.
- Liaison and partner with writing team leadership.
- Support Learning Strategists and other program managers by:
- Curating content and create role-based or team based learning paths, utilizing Trailhead, as appropriate, or other sites while Trailhead capabilities are further developed.
- Create simple video-based learning, to be integrated into learning paths. Partner with TPL Learning Strategist on needs, work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) & record video/presentation.
- 7+ years of strong program/project management or relevant experience.
- 4+ years experience leading internal learning & development projects, ideally in a large software company.
- Experience in software development environment, preferably with knowledge of engineering methods and tools.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Salesforce (products) desired.
- Familiarity with Salesforce platform is ideal.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named Forbes’ 2017 “World’s Most Innovative Company” in 2017 and one of Forbes’ “World’s Most Innovative Company” the previous six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.