Higher Education Account Executive - Community Colleges
Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) revolutionizes how businesses use technology and has become the world’s leader in enterprise cloud computing and CRM. Salesforce.come is driving the same revolution for Higher Education. Community Colleges are under a lot of pressure by the government agencies that provide funding, to better manage and measure their ability to prepare students to fill the tens of thousands of jobs that are unfilled today due to a skills gap. Salesforce offers solutions that will help Community Colleges achieve this goal, so they have many reasons to evaluate our solution.
Salesforce’s cloud, social and mobile technologies unleash whole new possibilities for world-changers. The mission of Salesforce.org is to maximize our impact in the world by putting these transformative tools in the hands of Higher Education innovators.
Through our 1% model of corporate philanthropy, we have provided more than 26,000 Nonprofits and 1,500 Higher Education institutions with, affordable, best-in-class solutions. This in turn fuels our Social Enterprise model resulting in more than 1 Million hours of volunteer service and nearly $86M in monetary grants to the sector.
The Account Executive is the “quarterback“ of the customer relationship, and we are looking for superstars to grow our team. We are seeking an experienced, quota carrying sales performer who is looking to focus their skills to drive the effective use of technology for social benefit. The Account Executive is responsible for energetically championing Salesforce's solutions to named Higher Education institutions. Additionally, this role is responsible for acquisition of new customers within the assigned territory. If you have a passion for technology and an interest in how it can facilitate positive social change, combined with large organization/enterprise technology sales experience, we want to talk with you.
Salesforce has been ranked #7 of Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work, and Forbes Magazine’s Most Innovative Company 4 years in a row. Our tremendous growth speaks to the value we are driven and committed to provide our customers. This position provides truly unique opportunities to grow professionally and personally and we look forward to talking to qualified and interested candidates.
- Development of a strategic sales plan to effectively and efficiently cover the accounts within the assigned territory.
- Manage lead qualification and conversion from interested Community College prospects.
- Aggressively prospect and generate new relationships within the assigned Community College accounts.
- Consulting with and advising large, strategic Salesforce Customers resulting in increased adoption, success and Enterprise wide deployments.
- Moderate travel required, to prospects, customers or marketing events.
- 4+ years experience in software sales.
- 2+ years experience in higher education.
- Track record of success in CRM or related business application sales
- Detailed knowledge of and passion for SaaS applications (hands on experience with Salesforce and AppExchange offerings preferred).
- Strong technical background.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with web based conferencing tools such as Go-To-Meeting, WebEx, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- A passion for Higher Education work.
- Bachelors Degree highly preferred.
Please submit resume in Word and PDF only.