The Platform Solution Engineer (Region) will act as a domain expert to sales teams on the salesforce platform and how it fits into an enterprise IT architecture. With a broad IT background the Platform Solution Engineer will be comfortable discussing and demonstrating all aspects of the platform including hosting infrastructure, security, integration and declarative/programmatic extensions to IT audiences up to CIO/CTO level. With a strong blend of technical and sales skills the Platform Solution Engineer uses a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements and to help the sales teams develop and refine a technical sales strategy and salesforce.com solution fit.
The Platform Solution Engineer will also participate in the delivery of product and best practices educational sessions to existing customers and the broader Platform as a Service market.
- Advise CIO/CTO level contacts and their IT teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture.
- Present salesforce.com's technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company’s hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities.
- Understand the customer need and establish company's product as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements.
- Build and present customized demos using the declarative and programmatic capabilities of the Salesforce platform
- Conduct technical workshops and education sessions.
- Manage customer technical due diligence and risk management processes.
- Work closely with other elements of the salesforce.com organization, e.g. alliances, sales effectiveness, product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives.
- Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents.
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position.
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management.
Your Impact: Success will be measured by the overall performance of the sales team you support and individual performance.
- Fluent Japanese in writing, reading, and speaking
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a Sales Engineer/Architect for an enterprise software company.
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
Understanding of the principles and the technologies listed below:
- Web based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers.
- Various cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures.
- Enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management.
- Security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications.
- The basic principles of network, application and information security.
- Business level English
- Past experience with one or more of the following CRM solutions: RightNOW, Microsoft, Siebel, Oracle on Demand, SAP, Pegasystems etc.
- Past experience with other cloud platform solutions: Microsoft Azure, AWS, Oracle Cloud etc.
- Back-office / ERP system understanding – order management, accounts receivable / payables, collections, contracts (service), installed base.
- Experience working with a J2EE architecture: Java, XML, JSP, HTML, and SQL
- Experience with relational databases including Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Service
- Knowledge of operation management, enterprise directories,systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.